Just a quick post to catch everyone up of where Ushahidi has been mentioned and received recognition lately.
- Forbes Magazine article on “Citizen Voices“
- BBC Article and radio interview on “Web tool maps Congo conflict“
- LeMonde on “Suivre les événements en RDC depuis une “Google map“”
- NowPublic’s “2008′s Top 10 Moments in User-Generated News“
- South Africa’s MyBroadband article on Ushahidi
- Zeit Online (German) “Hilferufe per SMS“
- Radio Netherlands Worldwide on “Mapping violence in Kenya“
- #1 on Appfrica’s list of Top 10 web events that defined 2008 in Africa
Ushahidi was named as one of the winners of the WeMedia Gamechangers awards! There was a great deal of activity on Twitter, Facebook and the blogs about this, and little old Ushahidi made it to the end with the likes of Twitter and the Obama campaign.
Thanks to everyone who voted for us in the USAID mobile challenge too. We’re now one of the Top 15 finalists, and will fill everyone in on the details once we know them.