Hi, my name is Hal Seki. I am the managing director of sinsai.info.
One month has passed since the earthquake struck off Japan. We have spent most of the time on improving the sinsai.info site since we took over its management on the very day of the earthquake. Let us review our activities.
- Sinsai.info was launched just after 4 hours since the earthquake hit
- The very first report was uploaded after 3 hours since the site was launched
- Total number of reports as of April 11 – 9,405 (10,518 including reports which are not approved yet)
- Total page views – 1,213,258
- Total number of visitors – 833,399
- Total number of unique visitors – 430,021
- Number of countries where the user accessed to the internet – 151
- Organizations that use Sinsai.info – Yahoo Japan, Google, Japanese government official website (Tasukeai Japan), ESRI, etc.
- The penetration rate of Twitter in Japan is high (more than 20 million, more than 16% of internet users). Many tweets, which ask for the safety of the people were posted massively.
- Moderators were well-organized at the early state, making the hash-tagged tweets into the reports.
- As the number of reports increased, the recognition of sinsai.info also increased. There are many direct reports to the sinsai.info site these days.